Monday, April 1, 2013

Short of Eyes




(Seen in front of the Cathedral of St. Stephen in Vienna, Austria.)

“I look; morning to night I am never done with looking.”
  Mary Oliver

After 15 days of looking at incredible sights on our European river cruise, with extra days now in Budapest, I am so “short of eyes” I hardly know where to start.

It’s my favorite Dutch phrase:  ogen tekort = short of eyes.  When you don’t have enough eyes to see it all, in spite of looking from morning to night, sometimes you just need to sit back on your haunches and rest for awhile.

That's what Astrid and I plan to do when we return home on Wednesday.  In the meantime, for those of you who celebrate the second Easter Day (Easter Monday), a continued Easter blessing to you.

“Almost nothing need be said when you have eyes.”  Tariei Vesaas


No comments:

Post a Comment